Porous Pave promotes healthier trees, shrubs, plants and borders well with; stone, grass, water, tiles, chrome, wood, and more
Porous Pave is ideal for use around trees — allows air and water to penetrate to tree roots while providing a durable, slip resistant surface.
- Reduces maintenance commonly found with metal tree grates – garbage & cigarette butts.
- Can be easily cut as the tree grow larger.
- Pour-in-place material can fit any shape or size.
- Low cost, durable installations provide years of maintenance-free service.
- Recycled rubber gives it flexibility so it withstands freeze-thaw cycles without heaving cracking or breaking slip resistant material.
- Replace trip hazards with a slip resistant material
Porous Pave consists of recycled rubber tires, stone aggregate and a moisture-cured polyurethane binder. Porous Pave is engineered with 29% void space. Independent testing confirms that Porous Pave allows up to 5,800 gallons of water per hour per square foot to drain directly through its surface, permeate down into a compacted aggregate base, and then slowly filter into the ground.
Typical install: 2” crushed stone base, 2” Porous Pave. Cures in 24 hours.
Porous Pave in Canada
We started Porous Pave in Canada because we knew there was a better way. We weren’t happy that our asphalt driveway was full of cracks, and concrete seemed to cause more drainage. Get to Know Us...